I haven’t officially published any of my works yet, but I hope that I would handle a bad review with grace. I think that the only appropriate way to respond to a review is to say thank you, and in most cases only in a private forum (email, or private message). Bad reviews hurt, even if they are handled in a professional manner. The hurt the author experiences should be kept private, and only shared with friends. Eat some chocolate cake, and watch a good movie- That is how I would handle a bad review. Probably shed a few tears to my friends or my husband, and then move on! You can always get better!
There’s nothing more to add to his words there, and he says it all better than anyone else could.
About Friday Follow Online Writers’ Bloghop: Elizabeth Sharp of SomeSharpWords started this bloghop. So… if you have a blog, you’re a writer! And we want you to participate, so join in! Here are the rules to Follow:
- Follow this blog (required)
- Follow Elizabeth’s blog, the originator of this hop
- Follow the featured author of the week
- Copy the image code on SomeSharpWords (Elizabeth’s blog) and paste in your blog. Add your link while you’re there too.
- Copy and Paste the rules to the Bloghop, as well as this week’s question:
The one above^
- Answer the question (anywhere, but I put mine in the comments)
- You must copy the rules, the hop link, and answer the featured question on your blog
- Follow, Follow, Follow! Network, Connect, Make a Community. We love talking to our followers and replying to your comments!
- If someone stops by, says ‘Hi’, and follows you, the polite thing to do is to follow back.
- Comment here, introduce yourself, and you just might find a new follower or two.